Knowledge
is your greatest
legacy

Educating people, Saving the planet

Books2Africa is on a mission to promote a culture of ‘readcycling’ and improve the quality of education in Africa, through the collection, processing, shipping and redistribution of quality books, computers and educational materials that equip institutions and communities, and enable individuals to acquire knowledge and achieve their full potential in a globalised world.

2.5 Million+
Books

Processed, shipped and delivered to readers across Africa

1.3 Million+ Kilograms

'Readcycled' and saved from going to landfill in the UK

21 African Countries

Received shipments of donated books and computers

Pass on knowledge to the next generation and see your impact in real time

We developed Books2Africa Curiosity – our bespoke inventory management and tracking application that tracks the journey of every donated book and computer from donor to recipient, so you can see your impact in real-time with email notifications and access to your personal Impact Dashboard.

100% of your donated funds go towards the shipping and delivery of 1 million books annually.

Through our 80/20 fundraising model, our overhead costs are funded from the sale of 20% of donated books and resources via our online Charity Shop. This means that every penny you donate goes directly towards the cost of shipping and delivering the remaining 80% of donated books and resources to individuals, institutions and communities across Africa.

A monthly donation of £10 will fund the cost of shipping a box of 20 books of all subjects, as part of a regular container shipment to our Distribution Centres in Africa, to be made available to readers of all ages. Monthly donors get free collection of donated items from their address and are signed up to our Impact Newsletter.

Monthly Donors Signed-up

Become a key partner by funding a container shipment of 40,000 books per year with a £10,000 donation. You can select what country and community in Africa receive the books. Key partners get featured on our Partner Wall below and enjoy other PR benefits including a press release, social media posts and more.

Key Partners Signed-up

Key Partners Wall

We are grateful for this special group of key partners who have committed to fund container shipments annually. We would not be able to fulfill our mission without their support.

Impact Reporting

We provide every book donor access to a personal Impact Dashboard where they can track every single book that is donated, following its journey from their shelves to the recipient in Africa. In addition, we share Impact Photos, Impact Videos and Impact Reports with our supporters which are published on our website. Finally, we also send a monthly Impact Newsletter with a round up of highlights from across our impact reporting duties.

Impact

Masicorp, South Africa

The books we received have greatly increased the number of books we’re able to lend to children at the school. The staff also have access to borrowing books to use in their classrooms.

Impact

Hooke Court in Malawi

Our charity decided to fill a container with educational resources to send to the 22 primary schools we support in Northern Malawi. These schools are poorly resourced; the children are taught in English yet some have no reading materials at all. The books will greatly enhance the teaching in these

Stories From Our Blog

A Daughter-Mother Partnership That Is Set To Change A School

Books can change a person’s life. Why aren’t more people having access to this tool that can change their lives? We need to change our culture and attitude toward books, this is just my small effort to make sure students develop a reading habit.

We can now donate books to Arabic speaking countries in Africa

يدرك العالم جيدًا أن القارة الأفريقية لا تزال تواجه صعوبات في مجال التعليم ، وهو عامل مشترك في عدد كبير من المناطق في بداية التحول الديموغرافي أو السياسي أو الاقتصادي أو في خضمه. في إفريقيا ، ينعكس هذا الاتجاه بشكل خاص من خلال معدل الأمية المرتفع بشكل غير طبيعي مقارنة بالمتوسط العالمي ونوعية التعليم التي تترك الكثير مما هو مرغوب فيه.

Concilius AG supports Books2Africa’s 1 Million Book Club

Every year CONCILIUS donates to a non-profit project supporting access to education on a national and international basis. This year we decided to donate to Books2africa to support and share their amazing work and vision.

1mbc

Shipping and delivering 1 million books every year
involves the following:

Volume
Costs
Fundraising Target

30%

Processing in the UK

30%

Freight from the UK

40%

Clearing and haulage in Africa

Books2Africa is a UK registered charity number 1152599