Tier 5 Charity Worker Visa applications now open
Our International Volunteering Programme (IVP) allows you to gain first-hand experience in the practical operations of an international Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and provides you the opportunity to develop transferable skills such as teamwork, fundraising and communication.
International Volunteers work primarily as Processing Officers and are responsible for checking, scanning, sorting and cataloguing donated books at our office in Canterbury. You will also be required to complete a range of tasks and training in project management,
administration, sales, marketing, fundraising and community engagement with vulnerable young people and people with disabilities to maximise your experience during the duration of the programme.
- Language: Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Accommodation and Maintenance: As candidates are not permitted to do paid work on this visa, you must either have (A) a host who will accommodate you within 10 miles of Canterbury or (B) pay for your accommodation/utility bills in advance (£3,500 for 6 months or £7,000 for 12 months) and we’ll arrange accommodation for you.
- Admin and Programme Fee: An admin fee of £300 and a programme fee of £700 are payable on acceptance of your IVP application. Both fees are refunded only if your subsequent visa application is denied.
- Visa rejected? If your application for the IVP programme is accepted, we’ll have interviews with you to maximise your chances of getting the visa approved. However, if your visa application is rejected, a full refund of your admin fee, programme fee and accommodation fee (if applicable) will be issued within 30 days.
- Certificates and reference: Only issued after completing the programme.
- Shifts: 20 hours per week, 9am – 5pm weekdays, or 10am – 3pm on Saturdays.
- Location: Unit 2, Barton Business Park, New Dover Road, Canterbury, CT1 3AA, United Kingdom.
- Apply: Complete the online application form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.