Books2Africa is recruiting hourly paid Processing Officers to work 3 days a week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays), 9am – 5pm starting 5th January 2021 at our Processing Centre in Canterbury. As part of the Processing Team, you will be responsible for unboxing, checking, scanning, cataloguing, sorting donated books and educational resources. You will be using a computer and a barcode scanner to scan/enter the barcodes/ISBN numbers of books, as well as supporting the processing team.
- Role: Processing Officer (Hourly Paid).
- Pay: £9 per hour, paid monthly at the end of the month.
- Shifts: 3 days per week, 9am – 5pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (1 hr unpaid lunch break).
- Start Date: Tuesday 5th January 2020
- Location: Canterbury Processing Centre, CT1 3AA.
- COVID Compliance:You will be working in a COVID secure office. Read our COVID risk assessment.
- Application deadline: 20th December 2020
- Good English language skills (reading and writing).
- Good keyboard typing pace.
- Comfortable with lifting and safe manual handling (training will be provided).
- Good understanding of the work of Books2Africa.
- Experience working within a warehouse.
- Reliable and able to commit to weekly shifts.
- Ability to work with a team to reach targets.
- Complete the online application below. You’ll need to upload a CV and personal statement.
- If accepted following the application, we’ll invite you to attend a practical screening lasting 3 hours at the Processing Centre in Canterbury. During the screening, you’ll have a 1 hour training/exercises and have 2 hours to scan books with your performance being observed. You also get to experience the job and decide if it is suitable for you.
- Based on your performance, you may be offered an hourly paid contract to work 3 days a week from the start date.